The Lorraine Brooks Educational Foundation
Celebrating the life and legacy of Mrs. Lorraine Brooks, a woman whose mantle of leadership and courage was unwavering yet revolutionary. On September 3, Mrs. Brooks' birthday, we take this moment to celebrate her commitment to education that leaves a clear path to approaching generations to strive in the presence of adversity to leave an indelible mark in the Earth.
In her honor and memory, The Lorraine Brooks Educational Foundation was formed and launches September 2017.
About The Foundation & Contributions
The Lorraine Brooks Educational Foundation awards an achievement-based scholarship to graduating high school seniors and college students demonstrating financial need. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead, give, and serve, along with their commitment to making a significant impact in their communities.
The Lorraine Brooks Educational Foundation is a division of WSP Enterprises, Inc., a 501 (c)3 tax-exempt organization. Contributors and donors interested in giving to The Lorraine Brooks Educational Foundation may contribute by clicking 'Donate Now'.
The Lorraine Brooks Educational Foundation Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicant must have a 3.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 grade point scale.
2. Applicant must have graduated from high school, be a college student currently enrolled, or accepted into a regionally or nationally accredited post-secondary institution. Applicant must be planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution.
3. Application must be signed by the applicant, and parent or guardian, if applicant is under 18 years of age.
4. Applicant must demonstrate financial need. (Note: To establish financial need and summarize financial resources available to the applicant for educational purposes, verification of income may be requested by the foundation.)
5. Applicant must submit an unofficial copy of academic transcript WITH the application: A current high school or college transcript, whichever is applicable.
6. Applicant must complete 300 word statement disclosing how the award will further academic goals.
7. Applications must be received by April 30 of the current calendar year.
8. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance on or before August 1 of the current calendar year.
NOTE: Only awarded applicants will be notified by letter. It is the responsibility of the applicant to meet all conditions of the application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The Lorraine Brooks Educational Foundation Application
To download the application, click download form.
Wanda Parker Ministries, LLC
704 Arlington Street
Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27801
Executive Assistant & Booking Administrator:
Kimberly R. Walston